[NFB-Krafters-Korner] Labrador slippers

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Sun Jan 12 17:15:11 UTC 2020

I just finished my Labrador slippers, and they are darned cute, if I say so
myself!

I used a toe-up crochet pattern from Ravelry called XOXO crochet slippers.
Being toe-up, they fit very well, as I tried them on a few times while I was
making them.

Since my lab is yellow, I picked gold wool for the slippers.  I knit an
I-cord tail, then crocheted tan ears and nose, and eyes that are brown with
hints of gold.

I'm really happy with how they came out, and they were simple and quick to
make.  As I've found before with crochet, making the decorative bits was
harder than making the actual slippers.

And they only took one ball of wool, so I have a whole other ball with which
to make slippers for my sister.

Tracy