[NFB-Krafters-Korner] Taylor's Knitting Survey

Tammy Freitag krafters.division.president at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 02:19:09 UTC 2020

Taylor sent me the following information for crafters.  She came and
spoke at a Monday Night Chat about her project.  If you knit or
crochet, this is for you. This actually gives blind crafters the
chance to give our input.  Help make a difference!
***Taylor's Ad***
Hi Tammy,

This will be for knitters (needles or loom knitting) and crocheters.
And I am so sorry I thought I sent this email weeks ago, instead it
was just sitting in my drafts :(. It was lovely talking with the
crafters, we had a wonderful discussion and it was really fun. I was
hoping that you could also post an advertisement on the listserv. I've
pasted the recruitment blurb below.

Hello,

My name is Taylor Gotfrid and I am a current PhD student at the
University of Washington working with Professor Jennifer Mankoff. I am
researching how to design assistive technology to make the knitting
process more accessible. I am conducting an interview study and am
looking to interview knitters with a visual, cognitive, or mobility
impairment. I was wondering whether there was some way I could
advertise my study to one of your crafting groups to find knitters
with visual impairments. The interview will take place online and will
take up to 1 hour and participants will be compensated with a $15
Amazon gift card. All responses will be anonymous. If you are
interested in participating in our study or have any questions please
email make4all-experiments at cs.washington.edu.

Thank you for all of your help Tammy!

--
Tammy Freitag, President