[NFB-Krafters-Korner] Straight vs circular

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Sun Mar 22 13:34:31 UTC 2020

Lisa Marie, and anyone else new to knitting,

The different sizes of needles are just different thicknesses, creating
different gauge and tightness or looseness of knitting.

Circular needles look like 2 short straight needles connected by a thin
cable.  The needle parts of mine are about the length of my hand from my
longest fingertip to my wrist.

I strongly prefer circular needles.  For me, the length of straight needles
seems to get in my way.  I have my hands up near the tips, and then there's
all this needle waving around at the back end, bumping into things.  I use
circs for everything, even plain flat knitting. I gave away almost all my
straight needles a couple years ago, and haven't missed them at all.

But other people feel differently.

Tracy