[NFB-Krafters-Korner] Knitting question. Pineapple afghan pattern

Dorothea Martin bestsinger at samobile.net
Tue Mar 24 15:34:01 UTC 2020

Hello, Linda,
Full speed ahead on the rehab!
As for the increases, divide the number of stitches you have now by the
number you need to add and count as you knit, increasing evenly across
the row. If you have a row with 10 stitches before you increase and you
need 15, that is an increase of 5 stitches. Divide 10 by 5 and you know
you have to increase after every two stitches. So you mumble as you
knit: "One, two, increase, three, four, increase, five, six, increase,
seven, eight, increase, nine increase, 10." You make the last increase
one stitch in from the edge. Now, if they give you trouble for talking
to yourself, have them call me and I'll read them your knitter's
rights. But before you do that, please give me a link to the pattern or
tell me where you got it because I have only seen pineapple in crochet
patterns. That is to make sure they don't carry you off to another ward
before I findout where to get the pattern. hope this helps and if you
need more, then write back.
Dotty