[NFB-Krafters-Korner] OT: Connect to NFB-NEWSLINE to be informed on COVID-19

Tammy Freitag ms.sunflower61 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 18:54:11 UTC 2020

Information for you.
Tammy

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Scott White <swhite at nfb.org>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2020 10:44:13 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Connect to NFB-NEWSLINE to be informed on COVID-19
To: Tammy Freitag <ms.sunflower61 at gmail.com>

In an effort to bring the latest news on the Coronavirus (COVID-19)
virus to our subscribers, we are pleased to offer a new information
source in our "Breaking News: Online" category. This source of
information is being provided by Johns Hopkins University and is
titled "COVID-19 Pandemic Data." Johns Hopkins University is
considered one of the leading worldwide resources concerning
statistics on this pandemic, and we are pleased that we can offer it
in an accessible audio and Braille format to our subscribers.

There are various sections in the COVID-19 data that you may access,
and they are broken down by the "Total State Cases," as well as "World
Country Data Cases." To further provide specific state or
international detail, you can select "States" or "World Regions" in an
alphabetical range. This data is continuously updated throughout the
day with the most recent statistics.

Just like with the Breaking News search results which we added to
everyone's Alexa's favorite number 1, we have added this to everyone's
favorite number 2 for ease of access.

You can access this new information source by issuing the command:
"Alexa, ask National Federation to read favorite 2. Recall that we do
have an electronic file containing other commands that you can use
with the NFB-NEWSLINE skill for Alexa. If you would like a copy,
please contact us.

Access the COVID-19 information using the telephone by pressing 5 from
the main menu, then press 1 for the "Breaking News: Online" category,
followed by pressing the 1 key, which will bring you to the virus
search results, or press 2 for the Johns Hopkins data. If you are
using the NFB-NEWSLINE Mobile iOS app, look for the virus information
under the "All Publications" section. Web News on Demand users can
find the COVID-19 information by selecting "Publications Organized by
State," and then "Breaking News Online".

We hope that you find the COVID-19 information on NFB-NEWSLINE to be
beneficial for keeping you and your family safe during this health
crisis.

If you have ideas on other Coronavirus related material that you would
like to see on NFB-NEWSLINE, please write Scott White at
swhite at nfb.org or call 866-504-7300.

National Federation of the Blind | nfb.org | 866-504-7300 | nfbnewsline at nfb.org

--
Independence is yours .  Are you willing to reach for it?
Tammy