[NFB-Krafters-Korner] Beaded jewelry making

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Wed May 13 18:58:27 UTC 2020

Hi Alyssa.
I've just tied a knot in the elastic, and it's held OK.  But the wire is a
lot more durable.  My problem is squeezing the bead tight that holds the
loop for the clasp.  It has a special name, which completely escapes me
right now.  But I have a hard time pushing it close to the real beads and
still squeezing it.

Amazon has lots of charms.  I got a whole bagful, around 60, assorted shapes
of leaves, flowers, birds, fantastic animals, and fruit.  I think I searched
something like charms or jewelry charms, and up came a lot of choices.
For beads, there's a bead store on the way home from work.  I work in
midtown Manhattan, near the garment district, where there are lots of shops
selling stuff for the garment trade.  I say these things as if they are
current, though I don't know when it will actually be safe for an older gal
like me to go back to the big City.  Hopefully some time this summer.
Tracy