[NFB-Krafters-Korner] Want to know Wednesday

Ramona walhoframona at gmail.com
Thu May 14 03:58:44 UTC 2020

I always have projects on the drawing board, just not enough time to do them all. I have made up designs; got them  off yarn labels, generally because my daughter saw the picture and liked it; from stores; from requests; from friends; from pattern books; from classes; and even from a group on a cruse. I learned to make one project from my granddaughter's scout group and made several of them. I don't think I ever got any ideas from the internet. I can think up plenty of new ideas without it. For me, the internet is __not relaxing! And I keep coming across things that look fun to do and useful. I like them to be useful. Decorative is good, but I run out of space, and it seems I am not the only one. I often vary projects enough that they are not really alike. I made more than 20 pillows for Christmas presents last year: different colors, different sizes, different shapes. Same with bags, sweaters, blankets, scarves, teddy bears, ruggs. I made two dresses for my daughter's bride's maids, different prints and sizes, but the same pattern. I never throw away a sewing or knitting pattern, because very likely I can use it again in a different way. Unfortunately, I am not as good at writing down the things I create myself. Kind of like Grandmas who don't need recipes. All I need is a tape measure to make a pleated or gathered skirt, etc. I cut a pattern out of newpaper for a hot dish carrier; got the fabric, too; still waiting to be made.
Ramona