[NFB-Krafters-Korner] Fwd: great resource for transcribing from print to braille or tape attention Tracy

Cathy Flesher flowersandherbs at gmail.com
Thu Nov 5 01:01:03 UTC 2020

Hi Bernice,

No, I did not decide on the color abbreviations, but there was a color key. I was thinking of making a picture of a golden retriever but when I was told that there were around eleven or twelve shades of brown, Idecided that it would be difficult to know which brown was brown. Would the transcriber see the same color as light brown or tan and would my color sorter describe it the same way? We had this difficulty with patterns in the past and had to guess. However, the transcriber color keys were fine. There are just so many colors that can be interpreted differently. Oh my and let’s not discuss the color blue! No one seems to agree on what the name of the blue is. What I usually do is ask for more descriptive words like redish brown or bluish green.
Hope this helps.
. May God bless you.
 Cathy F