[NFB-Krafters-Korner] Accessible Museum tour

Valerie Alcaraz snowflake9587 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 20:40:16 UTC 2020

Hi all,
I’mtaking art classes at Braille Institute this fall, and one of my teachers is working to make content accessible at local museums. I just wanted to share this recent development in case anyone likes museum tours. My art teacher describes the video.
Here is the info.
This accessible, online museum tour was designed with a VI audience in mind.  Throughout the tour, you'll hear Erin provide in-depth descriptions of the artworks, where the works are placed in the gallery, the meaning and symbolism behind the works, and the artist's fascinating biographies.
This audio descriptive tour will cover the artworks of Filipino-American artist Maryrose Cobarrubias Mendoza, Korean-American artist Kyungmi Shin, and Chilean-American artist Marsia Alexander-Clarke.  Each artist examines themes of cultural identity in unique ways: from installation and ceramic sculpture to sound art and video.
The tour just went live, online a couple of days ago.  Please feel free to check it out here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYjPLB82n9U <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYjPLB82n9U>
 <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYjPLB82n9U>
Accessible Tour of OCMA <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYjPLB82n9U>
Enjoy an audio tour of three OCMA exhibitions designed for audiences who are blind, have low vision, or who are otherwise visually impaired. Featuring audio description (also known as descriptive narration), this tour provides detailed verbal descriptions of artworks that help audiences access visual content essential to understanding the ...
www.youtube.com <http://www.youtube.com/>

More partnerships for accessible tours are planned for the future, so please check it out.