[NFB-Krafters-Korner] Ripping back and picking up

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Tue Nov 24 15:57:13 UTC 2020

I finished ripping back my piece to where I went wrong, then picking up the
stitches to try again.  It took about 2 hours, altogether, which isn't bad.
I even got it right back to the right place, because I could feel where a
line of increases ended and put a marker there.

Some people have said they can't feel the loops to pick up.  I understand
that.  Some I could feel, and others I couldn't.  When I couldn't, I put my
needle through any small hole I could feel, which usually was the loop I
wanted + the loop under it.  Then I tinked back a row and fixed those.  When
I've picked up 2 loops instead of 1, and I tink, I get 1 loop and 1 loose
bit of yarn wrapped around, so it's easy to fix.

So, I lost a couple inches of work, but I still have at least 6 or 8 inches
that I did before.  Yay!

Tracy