[NFB-Krafters-Korner] Loraines Christmas mice

Jill Rossiter jillbilly4 at comcast.net
Wed Oct 21 22:12:03 UTC 2020

Here is the treat that Loraine Rovig shared with us during our Monday night
chat as promised.  I can't wait to try these!  They sound so cute!

"Christmas Mice"/"Maraschino Mice" (a dessert)

And when you eat them, I bet you agree they are Delightful.

You'll need:

*         1 jar of WHOLE MARASCHINO CHERRIES with stems. FIRST: Drain the
red liquid off the cherries, but keep the juice for saving any leftover
cherries for later use.  [Approx. 28 per 10 oz. jar]

*         1 bag of CHOCOLATE KISSES. [Approx. 74 per 12 oz. bag] Remove at
least 28 silver wraps.

*         1 small bag of ALMOND SLICES.

*         1 [tiniest sold size] tube of GREEN ICING and 1 tube of RED ICING.
[scissor cuts tips off].

         Note, even without the icing, it looks like a mouse. Might also
work with little colored candies stuck on with chocolate.

*         1 bag of real chocolate chips. HERSEY'S SEMI SWEET CHOCOLATE CHIPS
are good and melt well in the microwave. I usually dump about half a bag in
a bowl and zap the bowl with first 1 minute, and if not all melted yet, I do
1 minute again. Stir it to be equally melted, and it's ready to use.

You'll "build mice" on wax paper or a clean cold tray - cake or cookie,
whatever can be put in your fridge to get cold.

Making Mice:

1.       Melt some chocolate chips.

2.       BODY: Set 1 drained cherry on the tray with the stem stretching
behind to be its tail; the cherry is the body.

3.       HEAD: Set 1 big chocolate kiss in front of the cherry to be its
pointy head. Use a little melted chocolate to "attach" the head to the body.

4.       EARS: Dip the end of 2 flat almond chips in the chocolate and
"stick them" to the back of the head right where the kiss meets the cherry.

5.       EYES:  Use two tiny drops of the green icing for eyes on top of the
head.

6.       NOSE:  Place one tiny drop of red icing on the tip of the pointy
kiss for the tiny mouse nose.

Tah dah!

Now make a lot more like Ford made cars on a production line or like artists
working on mice one by one. Your choice.