[NFB-Krafters-Korner] September’s Book Selection

Courtney F. Smith cmfulghum at gmail.com
Thu Sep 3 17:54:45 UTC 2020

Nella Foster will be the host for September’s Monthly Book Discussion.

If you would be interested in hosting a monthly discussion, please contact me via e-mail. We are still looking for a host for the Month of October.

Now for thee information on this months selection:

The green guide to herb gardening: featuring the 10 most popular herbs DB50470<https://nlsbard.loc.gov/nlsbardprod/download/detail/srch/DB50470>

Harding, Deborah C. Reading time: 5 hours, 34 minutes.
Read by Patricia McDermott. A production of the National Library Service for the Blind and Physically Handicapped, Library of Congress.

Cooking
Gardening

Provides the description, history, magical qualities, and folklore for the herbs basil, calendula, chamomile, chives, garlic, lemon balm, mint, oregano, parsley, and thyme. Offers tips on growing, harvesting, and storing them. Lists remedial, culinary, cosmetic, aromatic, ornamental, and other uses for each plant. Includes recipes. 2000.