[NFB-Krafters-Korner] Dues

Ramona walhoframona at gmail.com
Wed Apr 14 14:10:54 UTC 2021

I do not have strong feelings about what dues should be. However, this group has not been very good at fundraising. We have had ideas, but not wide participation. We have this quilt drawing planned. Ask yourself how many tickets you think you can sell. If members would sell tickets, we would not need to wait til we have an in person convention to sell them and have the drawing. We have had small hand-made items for sale, but they sell best from our craft fair at convention. It could be done differently. The division does not need a lot of money, but can do some things with funds that would be useful. Grants to attend convention can be very helpful. Technical support for online activities would be essential if we do not have enough skilled and willing volunteers. We could pay for a zoom site which might be useful. There will still be a subsidy from NFB headquarters this year, but not decarily forever. There can be much better sound on zoom than on conference calls, especially as the group become larger. We could do a midyear seminar which might be attractive both to members and nonmembers. Judging from the attendance at the meeting at last year's convention, we have reason to suspect attendance might be high. Just food for thought.