[NFB-Krafters-Korner] FW: Blog Update / Tactile Art Club - Tuesday, April 20 (5:00 to 6:15 pm MT) - Paper Mache Sculpture

Cathy Miller guillcat at gmail.com
Mon Apr 19 15:08:32 UTC 2021

Just sharing.  Cathy Miller

From: Rishika Kartik <rishikakartik at gmail.com>
Sent: Monday, April 19, 2021 8:32 AM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: Blog Update / Tactile Art Club - Tuesday, April 20 (5:00 to 6:15 pm MT) - Paper Mache Sculpture

Hello Everyone!

Are you ready to unleash your creativity and celebrate the spring season?

Join us virtually via zoom for a fun art project tomorrow Tuesday, April 20, 2021 from 5pm to 6:30pm MT. This month, we will be creating an exciting Paper Mache Sculpture. Materials needed will be a balloon (or ziplock bag), newspaper (or paper tissue) masking tape (optional), and paper mache. Feel free to incorporate any other materials to decorate your masks as well! The recipe for making the paper mache paste and the zoom link for the meeting is included in the email below.

I'm also excited to share the latest  <https://www.rishikastudio.com/blog> blogs on some of March Tactile Art Workshops. March was a busy month with four Tactile Art Workshops in collaboration with Museum of Contemporary Art, Denver, Tactile Art Club on March 16 and six Vision of the Artist's Soul <https://www.rishikastudio.com/vas>  Tactile Art Workshops.

The blog includes details of the tactile art workshops, images with descriptions of what participants made, a quick reflection, and written instructions. I hope you enjoy it!

Braille Institute Workshop - Botanical Explorations with Tin Foil Art <https://www.rishikastudio.com/blog/braille-institute-botanical-explorations-tin-foil-art>

 <https://www.rishikastudio.com/blog/mcadenver-march19-whistle-pots> MCA Denver Teens Tactile Workshop - Creating Clay Pinch / Coil and Whistle Pots

Tactile Art Club - 3D Sculpture with Clay and Cotton Swabs / Toothpicks <https://www.rishikastudio.com/blog/tac-march16-clay-cotton-swabs>

Tactile Art Club is a great way to explore your creativity, express yourself and meet new people in addition to exploring a new art form each month.
Come join the fun! We can't wait to create with all of you!

Best Regards,

Rishika

Instructions for making the paper mache paste
Combine 1 part flour and 2 parts water in a large bowl and stir it well until lumps are gone and the mixture is thin with a consistency similar to pancake batter.

The paper mache paste can be used immediately or stored in a covered bowl in the refrigerator for a few days.

Topic: Tactile Art Club
Time: Apr 20, 2021 05:00 PM Mountain Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/84924005389?pwd=ckNWbFF0UEIzZThVMExlZC9EeDJQUT09

Meeting ID: 849 2400 5389
Passcode: 985418
One tap mobile
+16699009128,,84924005389#,,,,*985418# US (San Jose)
+12532158782,,84924005389#,,,,*985418# US (Tacoma)

Dial by your location
        +1 669 900 9128 US (San Jose)
        +1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
        +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)