[NFB-Krafters-Korner] OT: Harp video

Valerie Alcaraz snowflake9587 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 24 02:48:49 UTC 2021

Tracy, that video was really neat. :) Do you know if the harp is an expensive instrument to purchase? I've always loved how it sounds. Somewhat relatedly, I was recently given an instrument by my mom who thought it was a Japanese antique harp that her friend had stored away for ages. It turns out that it isn't a harp at all, but a novelty instrument called a Ukelin made sometime between the 1920's and 1950's. I'm currently trying to learn more about it. It's a 32 stringed instrument that you can strum on one side and use a violin bow on the other. It is very out of tune at the moment, but I'm looking into getting the tuning key for it. :) But yeah, I was excited to finally see and own a harp and am curious about them, but I am now intrigued in a different way because these Ukelins are somewhat rare, but they sound really beautiful when they're in tune and played by someone with skills rather than a novice beginner like me. You can find some videos about the Ukelin on youtube if you're interested. :) But yeah, I'd love to learn more about how a harp is played. They sound like such calming, peaceful instruments.
Ok, I'm done with my ramble. Take care and have a nice weekend. :)