[NFB-Krafters-Korner] All You Need To Know To Teach A Class

terrypowers59 at gmail.com terrypowers59 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 26 13:06:13 UTC 2021

all you need to know to teach a class

Welcome to the NFB Krafters Division class proposals Page.

Here you can sign up to teach a class.  Use the links below to sign up to
teach either a Telephone class or an email class.

 <https://www.krafterskorner.org/telephone/> Telephone Class Proposal Form

 <https://krafterskorner.org/email> Email class proposal form

To teach a zoom class fill out the phone class proposal and then let our
class registrar know you would like to use zoom.

 <mailto:krafterskornerclasses at gmail.com> Class registrar

for and email/phone class, please fill out the phone class, then email our
class registrar to let her know you want a combo class.

 <mailto:krafterskornerclasses at gmail.com> Class registrar

Hello to all teachers, or new potential teachers

If you are considering or have decided to teach a class on Krafters Korner
you may find the information below helpful.

Should I teach the class I am thinking about teaching?

If you have a craft project in mind and are uncertain if folks would be
interested in learning it, you might want to post on the list to get some
feedback before deciding to teach a class.

What are the steps I must take in order to teach a class?

The first step is to contact Tammy, our president at:
<mailto:%20Krafters.division.president at gmail.com>
Krafters.division.president at gmail.com privately to share your idea for the
project you are considering teaching, along with whether you were interested
in teaching an email or phone class. If a phone class, you would want to let
Tammy know what day of the week and time you would be willing to offer the
class. In addition, it is helpful for her to know how many sessions you
think you will need for the class.

Contact Tammy.

What is the next step?

Once you and Tammy have agreed on a date and time, go to this web page and
fill out the class proposal form needed. Links to these forms can be found
at the top of this page.

Hints to make filling out the form easier.

It is important to be aware that there are separate class proposal forms for
telephone and email classes.

It is advisable to review what information you will need to provide before
you begin the process of filling out the form.

Please note that for a telephone

class proposal, a proposal must be submitted five weeks before the class
date and that an email class proposal must be submitted six weeks before the
class date. This is to ensure that there is time for the class to be placed
on the site and for students to have time to sign up for your class and
purchase supplies.

What happens after I complete the proposal form?

Once you have completed the form, you will receive an email from the website
confirming that your proposal has been accepted. As soon as your class has
been posted to our website, you will receive another email letting you know
that your class is up on the class's page and ready for sign up.

It is at this time that you can begin chatting up your class on our
listserv.

What are pop up classes?

If you prefer you can schedule a "pop up" class with Tammy. by emailing her
at:

 <mailto:%20Krafters.division.president at gmail.com> mailto:
Krafters.division.president at gmail.com.

This type of class needs to be scheduled only two weeks before the starting
class date. This type of class is not posted on the website for sign up.
Instead the instructor must advertise their own class and must ask students
to email them privately to sign up.

Next step to take when teaching a telephone class.

About a week before a phone class you will be sent an important email. This
email will contain basic information about the class, dates and times, as
well as a specific phone number and access code, which you will be using for
the conference call during the class. Below this information will be a list
of all the students in your class, including names, emails and phone
numbers. The reason you are given this information is that you will now need
to contact each of your students via email to send them a welcome message
containing the basic information about the class including date, time, and
phone number. Be certain not to send the class list to your students. This
is private information for only you as instructor.

On rare occasions, you may need to cancel a class. If this happens you can
post a message to the Krafters korner list, send emails to your students, or
even call them to let them know that you have had to cancel the class. Of
course, the sooner you can contact folks the better.

Next step to take when teaching an email class.

A week before your class is to begin you will receive a list of the students
who have signed up to take your class. David Andrews will also receive this
list and will create a special email list for your class.

On the date set for an email class, you will receive an email letting you
know that the email list for your specific class has been created. You and
All members of your class are subscribed to this special list. What you need
to do next is to send a welcome message to the special list for your class
and say hello to all of your students. It is a good idea to ask all students
to check in to ensure that everyone is subscribed to the list and receiving
emails. When everyone has checked in you are ready to write your first
lesson post.

If a student contacts you to let you know that they signed up to take your
class but are not receiving emails, please send our class registrar the
person's name and email address so they can be added to the list.

 <mailto:krafterskornerclasses at gmail.com> Class registrar

One more important thing is worth mentioning here. If for any reason you
have scheduled a class and find that you must reschedule or cancel your
class, please let your students know via email if you already have a list of
their email addresses. You can also post an announcement to the listserv.
This way, your students are not waiting and wondering where you are at class
time.

Good luck and enjoy your teaching experience on Krafters Korner. Our members
greatly appreciate your willingness to help others to learn a craft or make
something they have never made before.

Terry Powers

Board member