[NFB-Krafters-Korner] Dues

slery slerythema at gmail.com
Thu Apr 29 06:24:02 UTC 2021

I am sure that others have answered this question, Tracy.

Personally, I am saddened to hear that you think all the classes and
information given is not worth a single price yearly price of $20. This
is quality instruction given in a manner that is geared for a blind
perspective. You cannot find this type of variety from such a perspective.

The cheapest non-blind friendly classes I have encountered are $25 for a
single class. There are free classes that I have found that care whether
you can access the material or not. They say it is free and that is what
you get.

We offer scholarships because there are people that cannot afford even
$20. Most people can do without a couple of coffees or a fast food meal
to afford it. The fact that you do not value the work of our teachers
that do not get paid to teach is very disheartening. We wish the dues
made the division enough money to pay teachers because we believe their
time and skill is worth something. I know it was discussed by the board
in the past but we could not afford to do it at the time and hoped there
would be opportunities in the future.

The other divisions that you are involved in, do they provide you with
classes? a listserv that provides both members and non-members to ask
crafting questions? weekly hang-outs? Monday Night chats?

In my experience, it is rare that other divisions provide more than
yearly or semi-yearly meetings. Some provide a listserv, and few provide
monthly meetings. The NFB President even commended our division for
being the most active one year.

Please think long and hard about whether you get any value from this
division that is worth $20 for the whole year.

Cindy