[NFB-Krafters-Korner] Success Saturday

slery slerythema at gmail.com
Fri Apr 30 06:43:40 UTC 2021

Not sure if this qualifies, but I actually made a swatch and I am using
it to make my first ever top/sweater. I hate swatches so it is a big
deal and there was shrinkage so I have to be careful with things and
remember that as I try it on.

It is sort of my first. I did make a pull-over sweater top to bottom,
one whole sleeve and about half of the other. It looked good and there
was nothing wrong with it, I just wasn't interested in wearing it, so I
ripped out the whole thing.

I found this wonderful tutorial that walks you through each step and the
calculations. You can make it exactly as she says, but it is designed so
that you can choose what type of neck you want, what type of sleeves,
length, and of course the yarn and needles of your choice.

I am making it with a v-neck that I will add lace to and short, flirty
sleeves. I ripped out once already as I didn't like how the sleeves were
working up so made a change to that. In the next one, I will probably
add lace to the sleeves. I am also looking at different trims to decide
what I want to use this time. Personally, I hate bulky yarn and this is
a summer top, so I am using a sock weight/dk yarn.

Cindy