[NFB-Krafters-Korner] Winding Hank Yarn

Yolanda Thompson ylt999 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 30 15:07:10 UTC 2021

So, there are a couple of ways of winding hanks of yarn without a swift.

The first method is to put the loop over the back of a chair. Office
chair, kitchen chair will do, just might hang down. So, open your
hank, find the thread ends that help defin the loop. Open the loop
there, and place the loop over the back of the chair. Now, untie the
ends--or cut if easier, and then unwrap them from the woven in and out
of the loop. Find the end that is the closest to the top side of the
loop, and begin winding.

the second way I do it is a lazier way, but I do it while watching
movies with my hubby.
Open up to the loop as before. Now, put the loop around your neck like
a necklace. Untie or cut the ends as described above. Find the end
that is top side toward your chin, and begin rolling.

I hope this helps.

On 4/30/21, Deborah via NFB-Krafters-Korner