[NFB-Krafters-Korner] Interesting article on braiding.

englishrider91 at gmail.com englishrider91 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 1 00:40:17 UTC 2021

I was eating Twizlers peal and pulls just now, which always means I have to peal them apart and braid them, because I'm totally weird like that lol. Then I eat them, of course, but they have to be braided first. :) I'm a strange one. Anyhow, this got me wondering how a round braid is made versus a typical flat braid with three strands. Well, before I came across this great article, I didn't even know that braids could be made with more than three strands. I found this article quite helpful because it relies on letters to help you learn, rather than pictures. I actually am not sure if there are any pictures in the article, but even if there were, the concept is so well explained that I got the hang of it before long. Now, this was with me only attempting a four-strand round braid, but you have to start somewhere, right? Lol. Anyhow, my four-strand round Licorice braid came out not too horrible-looking, and was delicious, to boot. Anyhow, here's the article. :)
How to Make a 4 or 8 Part Round Braid:
https://www.wikihow.com/Make-a-4-or-8-Part-Round-Braid

Thanks,
Ari