[NFB-Krafters-Korner] sculpting and woodwork

Bernice Bird bernice.j.bird at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 20:26:37 UTC 2021

I took a wood working class in college. I used every machine in the shop, but I enjoyed the finishing the most. The first night of class we experimented with hand tools. My husband told me the wrong way to hold a chiseled, and it went into the webbing between my thumb and first finger. I was holding my hand and was trying to get to the lady's room without the teacher seeing my injury. Someone had a big mouth, and asked me what I did to my hand. The teacher was nervous having a blind person in his class, but we got over it and I went on to make a hand tool project and a power tool project. I still have them.
Bernice