[NFB-Krafters-Korner] Motivation Monday

hosbornejr at gmail.com hosbornejr at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 23:43:26 UTC 2021

Very well said Shelley big smile.

-----Original Message-----
From: NFB-Krafters-Korner <nfb-krafters-korner-bounces at nfbnet.org> On Behalf
Of SHELLEY SCHUETT via NFB-Krafters-Korner
Sent: Monday, February 15, 2021 3:30 PM
To: 'List for blind crafters and artists' <nfb-krafters-korner at nfbnet.org>
Cc: SHELLEY SCHUETT <shelleyschuett at telus.net>
Subject: Re: [NFB-Krafters-Korner] Motivation Monday

Good question Tammy
I had to put a little thought into this. Many things factor into my
crafting. My motivation comes from hearing about what others are making or
what I think might sell. I make a craft or try a new craft because it
interests me, because it's something I haven't done before, but want to try
it, just because it sounds interesting. Sometimes cost may factor into
weather I try a new craft. That's probably more because I'm cheap and not
that I can't afford it.

. For those of you who haven't taken any classes. When I joined crafters
corner the only craft I did was knitting. After attending the chats and
hearing about all the different crafts the members do I thought why can't I.

. Since starting with crafters corner I've tried my hand at several new
crafts. Some I really enjoy and some not so much, but how do you know if you
will enjoy a particular type of craft if you don't take a class in it. So
I've jumped on in and taken many of classes.  Let me tell all of you that
getting into a new craft can be very expensive to buy everything you may
need, but taking a class can give you an idea if you enjoy that craft and if
you would want to invest into more supplies. If your thinking of trying a
new craft or debating about taking a class I would encourage everyone to
come to theMonday or Friday chats to hear more about what people are working
on and to ask any questions. That's wear a lot of my motivation comes from.
I've learned so many new skills from taking the classes that I was inspired
to try my hand at teaching. So far I've really enjoyed the process and have
learned from it as well. Everybody has been very helpful on this journey.
The positive feedback from my classes have me thinking about what could I
teach next. Stepping out of my comfort zone has given me new experiences,
new skills, broadened my interests and given me new friends and you can gain
this and so much more, just by taking a classor two.