[NFB-Krafters-Korner] upcoming class, Introduction to Kumihimo

terrinettles at comcast.net terrinettles at comcast.net
Fri Jan 29 12:50:10 UTC 2021

I am definitely interested

-----Original Message-----
From: NFB-Krafters-Korner <nfb-krafters-korner-bounces at nfbnet.org> On Behalf Of Cathy Flesher via NFB-Krafters-Korner
Sent: Thursday, January 28, 2021 11:17 PM
To: List for blind crafters and artists <nfb-krafters-korner at nfbnet.org>
Cc: Cathy Flesher <flowersandherbs at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [NFB-Krafters-Korner] upcoming class, Introduction to Kumihimo

Hi Bernice and all,

Kumihimo is making braids using a loom. You can use the braids to make bracelets and necklaces and belts. There are probably other things you can make as well. The braids are made with 1mm, 1.5 mm or 2mm cord, so they are quite thin. You can add beads to the braids to further decorate them. Usually, the braids are made with a variety of different-colored cords which creates an interesting pattern. The various braids conbined with the colorful cords allows the designer to be creative.
The braids can be round, half-round or flat, further changing the look of the braids.

I plan to teach a variety of braids if there is interest.

May God bless you.
 Cathy F