[NFB-Krafters-Korner] Cat Collar

Cathy Miller guillcat at gmail.com
Sat Jan 30 17:49:36 UTC 2021

Hi Crafters,

Someone on the Monday night chat was looking for the two-peg I-cord
directions for a pet collar project.  Here it is.  I think credit belongs to
Courtney.

Two Peg I-Cord

By Courtney F. Smith

 <mailto:outtasightcrafting at gmail.com> outtasightcrafting at gmail.com

Begin by placing  a slip

knot on peg one.

Take the working yarn behind peg two.  Now take the yarn to the right of peg
two.  To    the front of peg two. And to the left of peg two.

  Next, take the working yarn behind peg one. To the left of peg one. To the
front of peg one. Now to the right of peg one. You should have two loops on
peg one & one loop on peg two.

Wrap peg two again. You should now have two loops on peg two. You are
wrapping in a figure-eight pattern.

Knit off the bottom loop on peg two & then peg one.

Continue wrapping the pegs & knitting off as described above until your
I-cord reaches the desired length.

NOTE:  Gently pull  on the I-cord every few inches  to set the stitches in
place.

When your I-cord has reached the desired length, you are ready to bind off.
To do this,  make sure there is only one loop on peg one & peg two. Move
the loop on peg two over to  peg one. Knit off.

Cut working  yarn leaving a 6 inch tail.

Lay the yarn tail above the loop on peg one. Pull the yarn down through the
loop on the peg. Remove the loop & pull the yarn tail to tighten up the bind
off.

Weave in ends.

Happy crafting!

Cathy Miller