[NFB-Krafters-Korner] Fwd: upcoming class, Knitted Snowflake Placemat and Napkin Ring

Bernice Bird bernice.j.bird at gmail.com
Mon Jul 19 15:52:23 UTC 2021

Good morning needle knitters,
This snowflake placemat with matching napkin ring is from a book bought on Blind Mice Mega Mall called "Table Décor". The skill level is listed as intermediate. The lacey pattern uses many of the stitches Dixie's dishcloth has used. We will review the stitches and their abbreviations at the beginning of the class.
That book has other placemats and napkin rings as well as table runners and coasters.
I firmly believe that you can conquer most any large task by breaking it down into manageable parts. One time I moved a whole bed room set from upstairs in my house to a downstairs bedroom. I was tired of waiting for someone to help, so I did it myself. Of course gravity was working for me. Your prior experience with these stitches is going to work in your favor.
The pattern calls for 185 yards of sport weight cotton yarn and to use size 5 needles. Snowflakes are white of course, but I wouldn't make a placemat in white. I can imagine not being able to get them clean. I will probably use a bright medium blue.
Let's work together on this special lacey placemat.
Bernice