[NFB-Krafters-Korner] begniner and beginner plus Loom Knitting classes

Jillbilly4 jillbilly4 at comcast.net
Tue Jun 15 20:08:09 UTC 2021

 So excited to hear this! I hope to be able to participate in some of the classes. Terry I would be happy to assist anytime that you need a break. Let me know if I can help in anyway. Congratulations!

Jill

> On Jun 15, 2021 at 9:21 AM,  <Terri Nettles via NFB-Krafters-Korner (mailto:nfb-krafters-korner at nfbnet.org)>  wrote:
>

> Hi all:
>  Let me introduce myself. I am Terri Nettles and I will be teaching the loom knitting classes. We will meet the second Tuesdays of the month as before, same times, being   7:00 Pm (x-apple-data-detectors://1)  for beginners and   8:00 Pm (x-apple-data-detectors://2)  for a little more advanced from the beginners.
>  I have been loom knit for over nine years but have been learning more since I joined Krafters Korner. I enjoy teaching and helping others.
>  For the beginners I will be giving an overview of looms, yarns, and techniques. I will introduce the different cast on methods, stitches, and bind off methods. It is my goal to make sure all are proficient in mastering each technique before moving on. We will be doing easy projects to begin with. As you become comfortable and confident we can then move on to more advanced projects. I would like to teach both round looms as well as knitting board (long looms that have pegs on two sides) knitting to both classes. We will start with round looms first. So if you do not have a round loom, you can get them on Amazon, Walmart, Michael, Joann's,  kbloom.com (http://kbloom.com),  Cindywoodloom.com (http://Cindywoodloom.com). Some are sold in sets. Another option is the Flexee Loom you can get on Amazon for around $12 to ad I would recommend to have at least a 24 peg loom or 36 to start. For the flexee looms you just have the links to snap together to give you the amount of pegs you need. F
lexee looms will be discussed in class. Get the regular gauge 5/8. Get some yarn super saver red heart or chunky.