[NFB-Krafters-Korner] knitted Sparkle place mat and napkin ring

Bernice Bird bernice.j.bird at gmail.com
Sat Jun 19 23:00:21 UTC 2021

You still have a few days left to sign up for my class to knit the Christmas
Sparkle place mat and napkin ring.

I worked with size 6 needles even though the pattern says size 4. Well,
fellow crafters, this is why you should do a swatch. I didn't care for it.
So, I switched to size 4 like the pattern says, and now I like it. The only
size 4 I had in a circular needle which I had is a plastic or something else
that is very flexible. I will be going to the craft store and getting a
metal one before I work on the other placemats so I will have a set of 4
when I'm done.

I chose a yarn that is red, white, and green with a metallic thread through
it. I finished both of them, and I do believe if you made a set of 4, it
would make a fantastic Christmas present for someone you care for.

I will be offering another Christmas place mat in Christmas in August that I
want to try in a cotton sparkle yarn. You know what they say, "Variety is
the spice of life."

One of the advantages of working on these in the summertime is that you
don't have something bulky and warm sitting on your lap. And it is getting a
step ahead for the holiday season.

Hope to see you in the class on June 30 at 7:00.

Bernice Bird
NFB NEWSLINE Outreach Coordinator
NFB of New York State, Inc.