[NFB-Krafters-Korner] Sweater is finished

slery slerythema at gmail.com
Sun Jun 20 05:24:30 UTC 2021

Congrats, Becky.

I, too, am working on a sweater/top. Originally, I was planning for
short sleeves but will probably make them long so I can wear it this
fall and winter.

It is a custom pattern using guidance from a website. I am writing the
pattern as I go and if I don't like something, I rip it back out and
start over. The other night, at dinner theatre, I lost about ten
stitches and unfortunately they fell in a section that included
increases where one side of the increase was knit and the other purl. I
am pretty good at picking up dropped stitches or running down some
stitches that were the opposite of what they should have been and fixing
those and taking them back up to the working row. Well, these increases
made it very difficult make sure I was replacing the stitches so I just
ended up ripping the whole thing back out (6 balls of dk weight). So, I
made some more adjustments to the pattern and have started it for the
fourth time.

Here's hoping I get to wear it this winter.

Cindy