[NFB-Krafters-Korner] Making Stories Knitting Magazine Accessible Issue 5

ms.sunflower61 at gmail.com ms.sunflower61 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 30 21:13:45 UTC 2021

From: Renee Van Hoy

I am very happy to share with you that the accessible issue of Making Stories, a beautiful knitting magazine, is now available. Making Stories is a high end magazine, more like a paperback book. The accessible version has been created to remove all of the charts and have only written directions. The directions have been formatted to be read clearly with a screen reader. Almost all of the abbreviations have been removed and full text is used so that the directions are read clearly. The photos have alt text descriptions. For people with sight, the text is in all black 22 point Verdana font, single columns with extra spacing to make sure everything is easy to read. We've been working on this issue for about 6 months, and it is the first magazine of its kind. I hope that you will enjoy it! Please let me know what else I can tell you about the patterns and magazine.

Here is the link: https://www.making-stories.com/shop/making-stories-magazine-issue-5-easyreaddigital-jem8m

Renee

--
Accessiblepatternsindex.com

_._,_._,_

  _____

Links:

View/Reply Online (#2283) <https://acblists.org/g/ACB-Crafters/message/2283>  | Reply To Group <mailto:ACB-Crafters at acblists.org?subject=Re:%20%5BACB-Crafters%5D%20Making%20Stories%20Knitting%20Magazine%20Accessible%20Issue%205>  | Reply To Sender <mailto:rvanhoy at hotmail.com?subject=Private:%20Re:%20%5BACB-Crafters%5D%20Making%20Stories%20Knitting%20Magazine%20Accessible%20Issue%205>  | Mute This Topic <https://acblists.org/mt/83901698/908>  | New Topic <https://acblists.org/g/ACB-Crafters/post>

_._,_._,_