[NFB-Krafters-Korner] Interesting find.. Anyone has other suggestions?

Cathy Flesher flowersandherbs at gmail.com
Mon Mar 1 02:41:00 UTC 2021

Hi all,
Yes, I am sure there are always new colors coming out. But they are always a mixture of primary, secondary, turtary or quartic colors. If someone knows those four color groupings and then understands what a tint is, then a color should be able to be described. Years ago I researched colors and I may still have a list of explanations of the four basic combinations as well as tints. I am on my iPhone now, but will check my computer and see what I can find. Gray is basically a mixture of black and white, while a tan is a mixture of brown and white. Now tope is a mixture of brown and gray. It least that is my understanding.
I still think that if companies put an effort into it, they could let us know how many parts blue vs. green a color was and whether it was light medium or dark. The four blues Joyce mentioned are quite different in my mind. Even if the person didn’t know the correct words they could say, it is a very light blue, a light blue, a light medium blue, a bright or subtile blue, well you get the picture. I understand that some folks just can’t seem to even do this, but since I could so easily do it when I could see, it is not something I can relate to or truly understand. Like Erica said, maybe they can’t see that well or didn’t like art. <smile>

I’ll go look for my notes on the computer now.

May God bless you.
 Cathy F