[NFB-Krafters-Korner] Students: Moccasen Class

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Sat Mar 6 15:16:39 UTC 2021

I think I have figured out a way to find the diamond holes for the toe,
without actually feeling them, which I just can't.  I used AIRA to find
them, but this method I thought of will work as well.  It uses a little
math, but not too much.

Count the holes going across the center heel piece.  On mine, it's 3.  Take
one of the thin strips that go along the side of the shoe and count the
holes.  They are evenly spaced, so you can notice any that don't go all the
way through and poke them out.  On mine, there are 29 holes.
Take that number, subtract the number of heel holes, then divide that number
in half, because the strip goes along both sides.  29-3 = 26, 26/2 = 13.

Starting from the heel on the sole, count the heel holes (3), then count the
holes along the side that match the strip (13), and the next hole will be
the diamond where you start attaching your toe piece.

Math!  You thought you were done with it after school, but it can be handy
every day!
Tracy