[NFB-Krafters-Korner] fun project today

Bernice Bird bernice.j.bird at gmail.com
Sun May 23 01:15:20 UTC 2021

In one of my dish cloth books, there are 3 circular dishcloths. I made one
today, and here is my advice. It is super important to have a way to keep
track of the rows. I couldn't tell where I was in the pattern just by
feeling the finished rows. I got lost after about 4 wedges, and pulled it
all out. Then this afternoon I noticed a stray piece of yarn like I had
taken out a stitch and not reworked it. I took my work back to where I was
pretty sure I was at the beginning of a wedge, and finished it. It was worth
it. It feels pretty cool. I worked it in red, white and blue variegated yarn
that came on a cone. The pattern used a process called wrap and turn, and
then on the last row of each wedge you have to pick up the wrapped thread.
It was really fun to learn a new process.

Bernice Bird
NFB NEWSLINE Outreach Coordinator
NFB of New York State, Inc.