[NFB-Krafters-Korner] October charity donations

SHELLEY SCHUETT shelleyschuett at telus.net
Sun Oct 31 15:29:14 UTC 2021

October Charity Donations

Outstanding stats for this month. I love all the participation. This month
there was 102 hand crafted items and 1097 miscellaneous items donated plus
11 volunteer hours. If you're wondering what some of the items received this
month were as follows crafted items it was beaded necklaces, plastic canvas
crosses, hair scrunches, library bags, hats, scarves, and blankets of
different sizes. The miscellaneous items were care package items like soaps
and tooth brushes, socks, and gently used clothing, pull tabs and eye glass
cases. All these items were given to eight organizations. They were
Operation Christmas Child, Friends of Pine Ridge Reservation, a church
giving room, City Mission, St. Jude's, Honduras Medical Mission Project, Mat
Tolbot Kitchen and Outreach and St Rose Catholic Church for there charity
projects.

Yes you can make items for the charities focused on or you may make items
and give them locally. We don't want anyone to spend a lot of money on
shipping. For example I made items for Operation Christmas Child, but
instead of shipping my items to The United States I went onto Operation
Christmas Child website and found a distribution place here in Alberta to
give to. I'm excited to see what the upcoming charities are and what will be
made for them.

Did you know crafters don't make mistakes. They make design features.