[NFB-Krafters-Korner] another question

Bernice Bird bernice.j.bird at gmail.com
Sun Sep 12 20:02:55 UTC 2021

My Mom showed me that if you knit a scarf k1 slip 1 going one direction, and
slipping the knits and knitting the slipped stitches going back across, that
you would come out with a double thick knitted scarf. I think that is
correct.

If I want to make a sleeve on a circular needle doing this, I think I would
have to do an odd number of stitches to get a double thickness.

Does anybody know what I'm talking about, and if I would have to do an odd
number of stitches. Alternatively, I could do  an even number with a stitch
marker at the beginning of the round. Then I would have to keep track of
whether I am on odd row or even row.

Anybody know?

Bernice Bird
NFB NEWSLINE Outreach Coordinator