[NFB-Krafters-Korner] Another question

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Fri Dec 2 17:11:24 UTC 2022

Hi Katherine.
I'm not Dixie, but this is what you do:
You do the make 1 left or right after you have started a row.
Feel carefully between the 2 needles and along the top of your knitting. You
will feel a little gap between stitches, with a strand of yarn going across.
It's a little closer to the left needle.
Pick up that strand, being careful to only pick up 1 strand.  Sometimes 2
are twisted together, but you only want the top strand.
For a make 1 right, put the right needle in from the back of the work to the
front to pick up the strand.  Someone taught me to remember "right, rear".
Put the loop onto the left needle and knit it through the front.

For make 1 left, put the right needle through from front to back, put the
loop on the left needle, and knit it through the back loop.
Tracy