[NFB-Krafters-Korner] steps involved when signing up for a class.

krafterskornertreasurer at gmail.com krafterskornertreasurer at gmail.com
Tue Feb 1 00:44:24 UTC 2022

Hi all,

A couple of folks have mentioned on this list that they did not receive
something to join my Macrame Friendship Bracelet class. I know that one of
the people was Annie M and the other person did not sign their name so I do
not know who they are.

This situation has me thinking that a review of what to expect to receive
when signing up for a class would be helpful. this way, if you do not
receive something, the teacher can know exactly what you need to receive.

So, of course you sign up for the class. as soon as you press enter on send,
the website tells you if your message has been sent successfully

If it has been sent successfully, then you next check your inbox where you
will find a confirmation email, letting you know that this is a confirmation
that you have signed up for that particular class.

What happens next depends on what class format you have.

If you are taking a phone only class, the instructor will send you a phone
number a few days before class. if you don't receive it, contact the
instructor or class registrar <mailto:krafterskornerclasses at gmail.com>

If you have signed up for a zoom only class, your instructor will send you a
zoom link, and if you don't receive it a few days before class, contact your
instructor or class registrar <mailto:krafterskornerclasses at gmail.com> .

If you are signed up for an email /phone or email/zoom   combo class, such
as was the case with the Macrame Friendship Bracelet class, then you will
receive two different things.

First you will be sent a message from groups.io telling you that you have
been invited to join the list for the class. you need to except the
invitation. If you don't get the invitation a few days before class, contact
your instructor or class registrar <mailto:krafterskornerclasses at gmail.com>
.

Next, you need to accept the invitation to the class list.

Once you have done that, you will receive a welcome to the email list from
groups.io. Then you know that you are subscribed and can now read and post
messages to the list for your class.

What I did in the case of my class was to post a welcome message to all
students, then also posted the zoom information for the class to my class
list.

However, an instructor may decide to send out the phone number or zoom link
individually to her students, rather than posting it to the class list.

I decided it would be easier to simply post to the class list.

Annie, and the other person who missed getting the necessary info for the
class, I am having a repeat class for the Friendship Bracelet class for
others who had to miss the first class. It is scheduled for February 2 at
10:00 a.m. Eastern. If you can attend, please contact me ASAP so I can send
you the zoom link.

My contact link is my signature.

Hope to see you there.

Cathy F <mailto:catherine5515 at hotmail.com>