[NFB-Krafters-Korner] ot new cat in my family

Bernice Bird bernice.j.bird at gmail.com
Sun Feb 13 16:01:55 UTC 2022

Thursday evening my son-in-law, daughter and myself drove almost 2 hours to
checkout a cat my daughter found on pet finder. He was left in a house when
his people moved. His name is Dorito, and he weighs 17 pounds. I can't pick
him up with my back problems, but he likes to jump up on things for me. When
we sat down in the living room, he jumped right up into my lap as if he knew
I was the one looking for a cat. He was being fostered in a house with 32
cats, a mastiff dog and 2 pit bulls. I fell in love with him in moments. I
was disappointed, because he wouldn't meow. When we got back in the car to
bring him home, he meowed every time the car made a turn or went around a
curve. So, he does indeed meow. The only two problems he has is that he
wants to help me in the kitchen, and he wants to play with my yarn. I didn't
know if I would be able to knit, but I just waited until he was comfortably
sleeping on top of the cat tree in the sun. My Lolo girl ignores him,
because the previous cat hissed and spit at her. I love her so much already,
and I can just be a little patient to wait for him to fall asleep so I can
knit.

Bernice