[NFB-Krafters-Korner] Over view of what you missed last night

SHELLEY SCHUETT shelleyschuett at telus.net
Tue Jul 26 14:06:58 UTC 2022

Last night at our Monday night chat we revisited a charity we already
learned about. We chose to start our year off with this charity again
because last year it was well received and many of you donated to it and
secondly it fits in well with our Christmas in August theme.  The charity we
learned about was Operation Christmas Child. Last night was a fun evening
because we spent time coming up with dozens of different things that could
be purchased or made to go into the boxes. I know myself I have made several
items over the last year that I can donate to them this fall and got some
new ideas to work on.  Also on August 6th Tammy and I will be hosting a
Caring for sharing class were we will teach a crocheted and knitted project
for the shoeboxes. It will be a lot of fun, so if you haven't signed up the
the Caring and Sharing class now is the time.

Stay tuned because in August we will be learning about a new charity that we
haven't done yet. Also if you know of a charity that you think others would
be interested in learning more about write me at shelleyschuett at telus.net
<mailto:shelleyschuett at telus.net>  and I'll check it out.

Did you know crocheting can reduce the risk of alzheimer's by 30-50 percent.