[NFB-Krafters-Korner] Accessible Machine Embroidery Software

Gene Kim gene.sh.kim at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 20:09:18 UTC 2022

Hey everyone,

Happy almost convention! This summer, I'm working in a research lab that is
leveraging machine embroidery for various accessibility applications. I was
wondering if anyone here had experience with embroidery software such as
embrilliance, inkscape, etc. and how accessible they are with a screen
reader? I'm hoping to load an SVG file into some accessible embroidery
software so I can experiment with different stich patterns, textures,
etc.... if anyone has any experience/tips/thoughts on non-visual machine
embroidery, please let me know!

Thanks for any input!

Cheers,
Gene
--
Gene S-H Kim
Webmaster/Board Member | National Association of Blind Students