[NFB-Krafters-Korner] Colorwork

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Sat Mar 12 15:07:32 UTC 2022

I've stayed away from colorwork because I thought it would be complicated,
but I've just made a pair of fingerless mitts with colorwork and it was OK.
I just marked my 2 colors so I could quickly tell which was which, and put
in a couple extra markers so I could check my color and make sure I was
using the right one in the right place.

The owner of my local yarn store wrote out the simple pattern in dots and
dashes, dot for A, - for B, and I converted that into knit so many A, knit
so many B.

It's an Argyle pattern, which is interlocking diamonds in alternating
colors.

Once I had the pattern written out, I could picture it in my head.

I can't feel the pattern, but people say it came out good.  Once I've
finished the last bit, I think I'll give them to my sister, who can see the
pattern.  Mainly I wanted to give colorwork a try on a small project. And I
did it!

Tracy