[NFB-Krafters-Korner] Another question

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Wed Nov 30 13:45:00 UTC 2022

I use the cable cast on all the time now.  It's my favorite, because it's so
easy, once you get the hang of it.  I'll try to describe it.
1.  Make a loop with a slip knot and put it on the left needle.
2.  Make a 2nd loop by flippling the yarn over the needle so it crosses
itself.  However you get it, you need 2 loops to be on the left needle.
Don't tighten the 2nd loop up.  You need a bit of space between the 2 loops.
3.  Put the point of the right needle front to back between the left needle
and the bit of yarn between your 2 loops.  Put your working yarn around the
point of the right needle.  The working yarn goes from bottom to top and on
the left side of the right needle.  Then use the point of the needle to pull
the yarn through the gap between the 2 loops you had, and put the loop you
just made as the next loop on your left needle.  Snug up your 2nd loop a
bit, but not too tight, and be sure to leave a gap between it and the loop
you just made.

Repeat the last step until you have the number of stitches you want.

I hope this makes sense to you.
If you don't want to deal with it, I'm sure you can use some other cast-on
that you like.
Tracy