[NFB-Krafters-Korner] November Charity Donations

SHELLEY SCHUETT shelleyschuett at telus.net
Wed Nov 30 16:31:22 UTC 2022

November Charity Donations

Before I give the numbers for November there are a couple of exciting things
to announce. As you know our charity program/class has been up and running
for 5 months this year. Our monetary cash donations and volunteer hours have
surpassed the total number of cash donations and volunteer hours put in last
year. We have also surpassed the number of hand crafted items. You have made
so far more items this year then you did in the first 7 months last year. A
good part of our numbers came from those who crafted or purchased items for
Operation Christmas Child. Because of your generosity all your items are
going to bless and enrich the lives of many children. I have really grown to
love this class, the causes we learn about and the joy that comes from
giving and seeing all of you that share in the joy of helping others
especially at this time of the year.

I love all the participation. This month there was 145 hand crafted items
and 1055 miscellaneous items donated and 112 volunteer hours recorded. Also
there was a $100 monetary donation.  If you're wondering what some of the
items received this month were as follows crafted items it was Christmas
ornaments, dish cloths, jingle bracelets, hand sewed bears, rabbits, and
hearts, scarves, hats, mittens and crocheted crosses. The miscellaneous
items were a cribbage board, toys like puzzles, tops, decks of cards, dolls,
cars and trucks, small farm animals, various jewelry items, flashlights, and
fishing supplies. Examples of school supplies were pencils regular and
colored, pencil sharpeners, erasers, crayons, and paper and note books. Some
care items were soap, tooth brushes, combs and hair brushes. The volunteer
hours were   website work, class preparation, and teaching, and sitting on
boards of various groups A cash donation was also made to help a shelter
that works with the homeless.

All these items and peoples time was donated to 14 organizations. They were
Crafters Korner, Hope Inc., Rose Alta Lodge, Global Cane Outreach, Operation
Christmas Child, NFB New Jersey, NFB Sligo Creek chapter of Maryland,
Montgomery County Coalition and Giving Room at First Baptist Church, First
Baptist Church, NFB Nebraska chapter, Brooklyn Crochet class, Lion's club
Nebraska and Lakota elders Christmas drive

.

If you have any donations to report you can send them to me at

Shelleyschuett at telus.net <mailto:Shelleyschuett at telus.net>

Also if you have any questions or suggestions for a charity you would like
me to check in to I'd like to hear from you.

Did you know giving is caring and caring is sharing and sharing is changing
the world.