[NFB-Krafters-Korner] Want to know Wednesday

SHELLEY SCHUETT shelleyschuett at telus.net
Wed Apr 5 17:21:33 UTC 2023

To make my basket I'd get a small cardboard box. I'd cut the flaps off. I'd
get colored paper in (I think white and purple). I'd cut the paper in strips
about an inch wide. I'd glue the ends of one color of paper to the corner
edges of the box. Then with the other color of strips I'd try weaving them
in and out of the other strips. Hoping this would give a basket weave
looking pattern. From the flaps I would cut a couple of strips and cover
them with paper and glue or staple them to my basket for the handle. I'd
knit a couple of yellow flowers with green leaves to attach to the basket
where I joined the handles to my box. Then I would put a yellow bow on the
handle and call it good.

Did you know that Newark Ohio has been displaying  the largest picnic
basket, which is standing 7 stories tall and more then 200 feet wide