[NFB-Krafters-Korner] Technique for making a dishcloth in 2 colors

carcione at access.net carcione at access.net
Sun Apr 16 13:56:02 UTC 2023

I am working on my holiday sweater, which I'm creating using dishcloth
patterns in different colors than my background.

When I switch colors, I twist the new color around the old one and, after a
couple stitches, I pull the old color tight to close up any hole.  It leaves
a ridge on the back where I've joined colors, but it's smooth on the front.

The only time I get a hole is when I first add the color and I can't really
twist.  I've been closing the hole when I weave in the end.  Is there a
better way?

For the curious, my main color is gold.  On the back of the sweater, from
the top down, I have a white snowflake, green holly, and a red poinsettia.
On the front I will have a red cardinal, green Christmas tree, and white
snowman.  I am considering putting more white snowflakes on the sleeves, but
I have to look at dimensions.  Anyway, it's coming out nice.

Tracy