[NFB-Krafters-Korner] Want to know Wednesday

Ericka dotwriter1 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 30 18:54:34 UTC 2023

What a nice memory, Berniece. We actually live right down the street from the Wisconsin school for the blind and visually impaired. Or whatever they call it now. I think they had Christmas performances but now they’ve gone to holiday program. I’ve been to some of them and it’s been nice, but not like I’m certain it was in your time. All the alumni that attend the holiday celebration go up at the end and sing silent night together with the rest of the crowd attending. My husband says it’s one of his fondest memories of school. He went to his last three years of school  There.

I only went to public school, so we basically had only holiday programs, but I do remember those performances. It was a lot of fun, and as my family always did, we went out for ice cream after each performance every single year. It didn’t matter whether it was a play or what.

Ericka Nelson