[NFB-Krafters-Korner] Marking beginning of round in crochet

carcione at access.net carcione at access.net
Fri Dec 1 14:37:35 UTC 2023

I've done this before, but there may well be a better way.  When crocheting
in a circle, I put a stitch marker that I can easily open and move in the
starting chain stitch.  Is there a better way?

I was just reading a very interesting tutorial, and she recommends using a
running stitch marker, which is a scrap of yarn that is right after the
first chain stitch.  That sounds good, but possibly confusing if it's not
clear which yarn is which.

Any advice from you more regular crocheters?

I decided to crochet a cardinal to put on my wreath.  Doesn't that sound
fun?

Tracy