[NFB-Krafters-Korner] Question about making a pattern

Jewel Gaspard nxg1719 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 10 13:20:01 UTC 2023

Hi, someone asked about making a pattern from a picture. There is a program called Chart Minder. I am not sure how accssible it is, if at all, so you'll likely need sighted assistance, but it is a free program that allows you to create or scan an image in to create a colorwork pattern. If you want the image to be tactile and not colorwork, you can adjust the pattern with knits and purls were the colrs change. I did this witha. butterfcly pattern to great effect and I know someone who turned a colorwork dog image into a tactile dog for knitting!
Hope that helps, Jewel
PS- If you do a search for Cart Minder, it's easy to find.
Be good. IF you can’t be good, be good at it.