[NFB-Krafters-Korner] Interweave Knits

carcione at access.net carcione at access.net
Wed Dec 13 13:51:05 UTC 2023

NLS added Interweave Knits in braille last year, and I've been getting it on
my braille eReader.  They transcribe all the charts character by character,
so I think it looks like the print charts.  It's interesting.

I decided to try using one, so I picked a simple one that's only 24
characters long.  It's a simple cable pattern that's a panel in a hat.

I wrote it out in hard copy, so it was easier to see the whole thing than
going line by line with the braille display.  It shows it more as a picture
or map.

Anyway, it's interesting, and I wondered if other people had tried using a
transcribed chart and what your method was for using it.  And I don't mean
transcribed by translating to written instructions.  That would actually
take less space, I think, but maybe NLS has a way to make a computer
transcribe the charts.  If they do, wish I had it, too.

Tracy