[NFB-Krafters-Korner] Labeling Yarn Colors- stash and working yarn

jellybeanfarm at gmail.com jellybeanfarm at gmail.com
Tue Dec 19 04:36:28 UTC 2023

Tracy, you're so organized.

Nella

-----Original Message-----
From: NFB-Krafters-Korner <nfb-krafters-korner-bounces at nfbnet.org> On Behalf Of Tracy Carcione via NFB-Krafters-Korner
Sent: Monday, December 18, 2023 4:43 PM
To: 'List for blind crafters and artists' <nfb-krafters-korner at nfbnet.org>
Cc: carcione at access.net
Subject: Re: [NFB-Krafters-Korner] Labeling Yarn Colors- stash and working yarn

I label my yarn in braille. I write the name and color on a bit of index card and slip it under the label or under enough yarn to hold it in place or into the center of the ball, if it had to be wound.  I also keep a file that has the name, color, rough gauge, yardage, washing instructions, weight ... anything I might want to know.  I also try to write there how much I have of it.
The braille labels also help me keep track of working yarn when I'm changing colors.  Or, you could attach 1 twist tie to one skein, 2 to the next ... just a thought.
I know others have different methods.

I too have a drop spindle, though I'm not too good with it.  Not enough practice yet.
Tracy