[NFB-Krafters-Korner] Spiralizer apple machine

carcione at access.net carcione at access.net
Sun Dec 24 14:16:50 UTC 2023

Hi Bernice.

I forgot you asked about my Spiralizer apple machine.  Sorry about that.

Yes, it works well, though I'm not sure it would work with the monster
20-ounce apples you like to get.  It works with pretty big apples, but maybe
not that big.

You pull back the crank part, push the apple onto the holder spikes, and
turn the crank.  It cores the apple, peels it, and slices it into thin
spiral strips.

It also works for peeling potatoes, if you move the corer blade out of the
way.  I cut the potato in half crosswise to stick it on the spikes, and the
machine did a great job.  I still have to cut out the eyes and cut off the
ends, but most of the work was done by the machine.

It has blades, but they're covered.  I've used it quite a bit and haven't
cut myself.

Here's the Amazon info, if you're interested.  It costs $18.99.

Amazon.com: Apple Peeler, Stainless Steel Apple Corer Slicer Peeler, Durable
Heavy Duty Die Cast Magnesium Alloy Apple Peeler Slicer Corer with Suction
base

https://www.amazon.com/Peeler-Stainless-Durable-Magnesium-Suction/dp/B09NNXQ
45M/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=13H1UTZBBC7KL
<https://www.amazon.com/Peeler-Stainless-Durable-Magnesium-Suction/dp/B09NNX
Q45M/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=13H1UTZBBC7KL&keywords=spiralizer%2Bapple%2Bmachin
e&qid=1703426841&sprefix=spiralizer%2Bapple%2Bmachine%2Caps%2C203&sr=8-1-spo
ns&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGY&th=1>